Saturday, January 16, 2010

A baby squirrel fell out of the nest he has been curled up in a ball for 2 days not moving too much What to do?

I know about human interactions with animals screws them up, just what can I do to help this little one? Like somewhat veterinarian advice pleaseA baby squirrel fell out of the nest he has been curled up in a ball for 2 days not moving too much What to do?
Is he concious? How far did it fall? If I was you, I would call a local animal shelter, veteranarian, or animal control they could give you good advice, so you can take it to someone who could give the little guy some help. I had an orphaned baby deer and they helped me locate a place that could raise it and care for it, because I don't have the facilities for such an active animal.A baby squirrel fell out of the nest he has been curled up in a ball for 2 days not moving too much What to do?
I had a pet squirrel one time. If you plan on taking care of it you are going to need puppy formula, and a small enough bottle tip for it. If not GET IT TO A VET OR WILDLIFE ANIMAL RESCUE CENTER ASAP.





E-mail me i can give you a list of them in your area, or you can give me a call and i can help you out as far as it goes taking care of it. Youre interaction with it as a baby won't matter much. Make sure it is warm, and you feed it every two hours. You need to get food into its system asap.
Wrap it is a warm cloth that has been in the dryer and hold it against your chest,under your shirt,so it can warm up.Get some Pedialyte and warm it,and give the squirrel a few drops every 15 minutes to re-hydrate it. Do not feed it any formula ( you would use Esbilac for puppies) until it is warm,as it will not be able to digest it.Call your local vets and division of wildlife and they can tell you who to take it to.But please don't just let it lay there and die.





http://www.stfranciswildlife.org/squirre鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment