Saturday, January 16, 2010

Has anyone ever had squirrels steal fabric to add to their nests?

I have two very old pin oaks and the squirrels who live in one stole strips of red cloth I had cut to bundle cut tree branches. Never had this happen before!!!Has anyone ever had squirrels steal fabric to add to their nests?
This is a true story. I woke up one morning and walked out to my car to leave for school. A squirrel had removed the car cover and was dragging away.





A car cover is pretty big and heavy...it was so funny to see it struggle with it. I kept thinking...';what's he going to do with it';? There's no way he could have gotten it up a tree.Has anyone ever had squirrels steal fabric to add to their nests?
Hee hee, I am an antique dealer and a person who likes to sew and do crafts.





In my shop I have counted art least 3 varieties of squirrel.





When repacing some of the drop ceiling panels, I discovered that the squirrels had not only stolen some of my fabrics, but also quite a bit of my cotton batting.





I think they were extremely smart squirrels. They had a VERY soft bed.
Yea, I am not surprised but that is so funny and cute.
yeah, they would steal the mineral wool insulation (rockwool it is called) from ceiling. A hi-tech solution to nest insulation i guess.
No
LOL.birds are supposed to like shiny things I think.I guess squirrels like red stuff.
HAHAH THATS FUNNY...sucks for you though. sorry about that....................but actually, yes, i have- squirrels and birds. im just curious tho....how are these animals getting to your fabric?? i may recocmend an exterminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment