Monday, January 18, 2010

HELP! a squirrel is trying to nest in my car and my dogs are trying to tear my car apart to get at it.?

This just started this afternoon The dogs were jumping on and scratching my car. when I opened the hood I saw a squirrel scury into the deeper areas of my car.





I then went for a fast ride in hopes that it would scare it out.


But when I came back I could tell it was still in there by the way the dogs were acting. I put the car behind a gate so my dogs would not damage it.





I can also see where the squirrel has been chewing in the engine compartment.





WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET IT TO LEAVE SO IT DOESN'T STAY ALL WINTER?HELP! a squirrel is trying to nest in my car and my dogs are trying to tear my car apart to get at it.?
The urine of predators is sold in nurseries and hardware stores, this may scare the squirrel away.


They don't like the smell of mothballs either.


You could get a trap (you might be able to borrow one from Animal Control or the Humane Society, or buy one); if you catch the squirrel alive, you will have to release it at least 3 miles away to keep it from coming back. You may have to do this because this particular squirrel has already discovered a nice nesting spot in your car.


Find out where the squirrel is building the nest, and cover the entrance with metal screen or something so the squirrel can't get in.


Clean out the nest area and rinse with diluted vinegar to neutralize the urine smell. (You can rinse with something else afterward if you think vinegar is bad for the car engine. Or clean it however you think best.) The urine smell may attract another squirrel to your car, even if you can't smell it yourself.


The quicker you deal with this, the better for your car.HELP! a squirrel is trying to nest in my car and my dogs are trying to tear my car apart to get at it.?
lmao.


use something to poke it out i guess.
Buy powdered fox urine......just do a yahoo! search for it.....WORKS EVERY TIME!!!! might smell for a while but the squirrel will be gone

No comments:

Post a Comment