Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What would you do if squirrels were nesting in your attic and on your roof?

Survival of the fittest. I would place my cat up there and turn my back.





We just can't save the world.





(OK I'm kidding. I don't usually have much to do at home so I would see if I could manually remove it, gently, and place it in a tree, after first researching where squirrels nests are usually made, since a cat could climb a tree.)





If you don't have time to do that, the Humane Society might have a solution. I'm not sure. Pest control would probably show little sympathy, since they are on a time clock and so forth.What would you do if squirrels were nesting in your attic and on your roof?
Haha yeah I'm Asian but I have compassion towards animals. My mom had my dad abandon a Schnauzer on the side of the road when I was a kid and remembering the dog just looking at us helplessly makes me cry endlessly. I will never be cruel to an animal.

Report Abuse


What would you do if squirrels were nesting in your attic and on your roof?
Moth balls will run them off quick. Buy a box and just throw them out in the attic. You may smell the moth balls for a few days, but you need to get the squirrels out and find out where they came in and make sure it's fixed where they won't come back. Squirrels can cause a lot of damage. Chewing into electrical wires comes to mind when I think of squirrels in the attic. A definite fire hazard.
Catch them and carry them down to the park or the swamp and turn them loose.
moth balls....then plug the hole there coming in when there gone
What would I do? It is what I have done.





Squirrels cause major damage when ever they decide to take up residence in a home.





I made a decision, my home investment, or the squirrels.


Guess what, the squirrels lost. Pellet gun works the best if you are in town. If not, use a .22 caliber rimfire rifle.
i know you like them but a bb gun can rid the problem. i know you like them but sometimes the only way to rid your house of squirrels isnt what you want to do
Squirrels can and do cause EXTENSIVE damage if they get inside your house. I would get some poison, traps or a pellet gun and be rid of them ASAP!





We had just one young squirrel get inside the house and it tore up window and door frames all over the house trying to chew it's way out for just one work day. Until then, my wife thought they were ';cute';. Not so now!





Bert
Had that problem... the delightful lil rodents chewed through the phone cable to an entire apartment building.





First thing would be to put live-traps in your attic, then screen all possible entries to the attic, trim back your trees so they can't climb ONTO the roof. Trip the trees annually.
I would call a pest control company and explain my problem to them - if they could not get rid of the squirrels, I would ask them to refer me to a company that could get the job done.
i agree with you not likeing them die


but consider this , they will chew thru wires


and cause damage


so fill all the holes


and put wire over the wooden vents
  • halloween makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment