Saturday, January 16, 2010

Should squirrel nesting have been flagged during my home inspection before I bought the house?

No. I don't think that's part of the basic home inspection. They check for code compliance and basic soundness of the house. IE: wiring, plumbing, foundation, roofing, etc.





If they see something like bats in the attic, or termite or rat damage that's visible without removing walls or floors, then I'm sure they would include that in their report, but I can't imaging a home inspector looking for squirrels.Should squirrel nesting have been flagged during my home inspection before I bought the house?
I don't know if it is part of the inspection, but the guy should have had the common courtesty to tell someone about it.Should squirrel nesting have been flagged during my home inspection before I bought the house?
Yes


When I sold a house the guy nailed me for a carpenter ant and I had to spend $1000 to treat the house for the next buyer.


That was a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment