Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I get rid of a squirrel nest without killing them?

I went out onto my terrace for an early morning cigarette when I noticed a black bag filled with old sheets we have sitting out on our terrace was shaking. I investigated quietly (peeking through the opening) and noticed a squirrel living in the bag. I couldn't tell if there were any babies, being an animal lover if there are babies I don't want their mother to abandon them because I disrupted their nest. Our terrace is screened in, but there are a few holes in the screening that I knew about (so putting the bag out there was bad judgment on my part). I have a cat that sometimes sneaks out there and I just want to get rid of the squirrel for the safety of both it and my cat. Anyone have any ideas? Please don't suggest killing it, I don't want to hurt the little critter.How can I get rid of a squirrel nest without killing them?
I read somewhere that they do not like the smell of mothballs, but your cat might not, either ;0)





If you are worried about the health of your cat, I wouldn't. Squirrels are incredibly unlikely carriers of rabies, despite popular belief. I think people think that they carry rabies due to their incredibly nervous and aggressive behavior. Rodents, in general, are less likely to carry rabies than foxes, weasels and raccoons.





Now that the squirrel has a positive association with your porch, you may have to fix the screen to keep it out. Though, they have been known to chew through screens themselves. Good luck!How can I get rid of a squirrel nest without killing them?
offer her some peanuts with butter.if she doesn't listen tell her u woukld give her peants on regular basis until her children grow..she will agree :P
  • halloween makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment